Information & Orientation Service Form
After you have created a Session form and added a Client you will be able to fill out an Information & Orientation (I&O) Service form.
Instructions and Definitions
An Information & Orientation Service form collects the information captured during a meeting between a program worker and a Client where Services include providing information, orientation and referrals. This Service form can be added to any Client that receives a Direct Service (in person, by phone or by email).
If the Clients & Forms section is blank see Adding one or more Clients to a Session - Adding Multiple Clients to a Session Form.
Adding an Information and Orientation Service Form
A Session form must be created first. Once you have completed the Session form you will be able to add Service forms to the Session.
The Information & Orientation form is automatically attached to the created Session with your Client. It is the default form.
The first time a form is displayed it will be in pink to indicate that it is incomplete. Click Edit to begin entering information in the form.
A new Service form needs to be completed for every interaction you have with the client where one or more Services were provided.
One Client or multiple Clients can be included on a Session form. For example, if you see two family members in the same 35 minute time frame, both are separate "Clients" but should be added to the same Session form and a separate Service form is filled out for each Client.
Follow the instructions below to fill out the Information and Orientation form and register it to OCMS. All fields shaded in Green are mandatory to save the data to OCMS. Yellow fields are mandatory for iCARE reporting.
You can now make any Service Form ‘private’, even within a Program. If the Form is designated as Private, only that staff person and Agency Coordinators can see the information.
- Program: Filled in automatically.
- Agency: Filled in automatically.
- Name: Filled in automatically with Client's name and Client ID number.
- Session / Form: Filled in automatically.
OCMS Mandatory Fields (green fields)
- Service End Date: The date the Service is expected to end. If this date is different than today, use the drop-down to choose another date.
- Agency Program: Select the Program from the drop down menu.
- Service Funded By: Click on Select a Funder and choose the Funder covering the Service.
- Referred By: Using the drop-down menu choose how the Client was referred to your agency.
Topics Covered in the Orientation
At least ONE topic MUST be selected. Click on Tasks & Referrals only IF they apply to the Topics covered in the Session.
Please note: Tasks & Referrals help to build the Settlement Plan but are NOT mandatory to complete the I&O form.
Click Edit or click directly in the Answer column to record your information.
- Select only the topics that were covered in this service.
- Click Update after selecting each Answer to save it.
- Comments: Add additional comments concerning this Service.
- Overview of Canada - e.g. geography, climate, people, history, cities, provinces, language, economy, government, political system
- Sources of Information - e.g. information on immigrant serving agencies, telephone directory, maps, government websites, libraries, consumer information
- Rights and Freedoms - e.g. Canadian Charter on Rights and Freedoms, rights and duties, age of majority, age of consent, armed forces
- Canadian Law and Justice - e.g. public law, private law, courts, legal representation, police, courts, family violence, abuse, family law
- Important Documents - e.g. permanent resident card, SIN, health card
- Improving English or French - e.g. Canada as a bilingual country, importance of language skills, language classes and tests
- Employment and Income - e.g. key sources of employment information, credential recognition, workplace language skills, searching and applying for a job, volunteering, internships, bridge-to-work, starting a business, rights, employment insurance, child care for working parents, CPP, OAS, GIS
- Education - e.g. elementary and secondary, post-secondary, costs and financial assistance
- Housing - e.g. temporary accommodation, renting, buying, types of housing
- Health - e.g. universal health-care, supplementary health insurance, getting a health card, finding a doctor or dentist, emergencies, vaccinations, birth control, family planning, maternity and parental benefits, access to prescription drugs, mental health, addictions
- Money and Finances - e.g. money, taxation, banking, credit cards, loans, line of credit
- Transportation - e.g. travelling around Canada, urban transportation, driving in Canada
- Communications and Media - e.g. telephone, postal services, internet, television, radio, newspapers, magazines
- Community Connections - e.g. connecting with others, immigrant serving organizations, volunteering, community centres
- Becoming a Canadian Citizen
- Interpersonal Conflict - e.g. misunderstanding between client and teacher/parent, peer issues, family violence
Record any support services that your agency provided so you could complete the Service with your Client.
Save the Information and Orientation Form
Press Save at the top of the page to ensure all information is recorded.
Once you have completed filling in the necessary information, you can add any Tasks or Referrals provided during this session by pressing the Tasks and Referrals button.