Starting a Session with a Named Client
Learn how to begin a Session with a Named Client in the database.
Each Session includes a Service form for each client.
Each family member receiving Services in the same Session will be added as a client and will receive a separate Service form.
Click on 'Find Client/Activity' to search for your Client. Click on Find a Client to review how to search for you Client.
If your Client is not in the database you will have to create a new Named Client Profile. Click on Register a New Client to review how to create a new Named Client Profile.
Once you find your client, click either Profile or Dashboard beside the clients name.
- If you choose Profile scroll to the bottom of the page and click on Begin Session with Client.
- If you choose Dashboard click on Start Session.
Instructions and Definitions
You will create a new Session every time you provide one or more Services to a Client (i.e. during a one-to-one meeting, language training activity or an I/O or C/C Group Activity workshop). Direct and Group Activity Sessions can be in person, on the phone, by email or online.
A Session is complete when the Service form that is attached to the Session has been completed (is highlighted in green).
Sessions hold the information about the when/where/who of the Services you provide. Think of them as the folder that holds the logistics and details of your activities.
These fields are already filled in by your Agency. You cannot enter or change any information here.
Agency: This is the Agency you work for.
Created By: This is your User ID on the OCMS. This ID is also found in your user Profile. Click on 'My Profile' from the side menu and just below the Agency field you will see 'User'.
Session Type: From the drop down menu, select the type of Session. To learn more click on Types of Sessions.
Service Date: Click on the drop down arrow to select the date that the Service was provided from the calendar. It is automatically set to the current date.
Site: Click on the 'Find...' button to select the Site where the Service was provided. In the Green field you will see a Site code for the Site selected and the name of the Site will automatically be filled in below in the Site Name field.
- When you click on 'Find...' there is an option to filter your information by typing in the location in the box and clicking on the 'Filter' button.
Delivery Method: How was the Service provided? Select 'In Person', 'By Telephone' or 'By Email' from the drop down menu. The default is set to 'In Person'.
Type of Institution/Organization Where Client(S) Received Services: From the drop down menu, select where the Client(s) received Services.
Interpreter Present: If there was an interpreter at the Session, someone other than yourself and the Client, then select 'Yes' from the drop down menu.
If there was an Interpreter Present then type in the number of Interpreters that were present in the field 'Interpreters (#)'
Service Time: How long did it take to provide the Service to the Client? Enter the number in hours and/or minutes in the fields provided. The '0' will be replaced with the number typed in.
- If there are additional Clients at the Session (ie.Family members, friends) and Services were provided to them, enter the total time for the Session
- Delivery Language: What language did you provide the Service in? Click on 'Add Language' and then select the Language that you spoke in from the drop down menu. Click 'Update' to save your selection.
- Staff Involved: Your name is automatically filled in here as the default. If you are not the worker then click on 'Add Worker' and from the drop down menu select the Worker and click on 'Update' to save your selection. Click on 'Remove' to remove your name.
- All staff listed here will be able to see this Session form on the OCMS User Dashboard. If it is a Group Activity, all staff listed here will receive the same information.
- You can add additional staff to this area for Group Activities only.
If there are 'Session Notes' to add to this page, type them in the box provided.
Save the Session Form
Once the Session form is completed, select Save Session.
Sessions can be Direct Service, Language Training or Group Activity types. Click on Types of Sessions to review the different Session types.