Non-Specified Direct Service Form
After you have created a Session form and added a Client you will be able to fill out a Non-Specified Direct Service Form.
Instructions and Definitions
A Non-Specified form collects the information captured during a meeting between a program worker and a Client. The idea is that you can use this form to quickly attach clients to simple programs and services that don’t require much data collection. You can also add Custom Questions to this form and make it specific to something that OCMS doesn’t yet have a Service Form for. This Service form can be added to any Client that receives a Direct Service (in person, by phone or by email).
If the Clients & Forms section is blank see Adding one or more Clients to a Session - Adding Multiple Clients to a Session Form.
Adding a Non-Specified Direct Service Form
A Session form must be created first. Once you have completed the Session form you will be able to add Service forms to the Session.
An Information & Orientation form is automatically connected to your Client (by default). You can Delete this form as it is not needed at this time and add a Non-Specified form instead.
The first time a form is displayed it will be in pink to indicate that it is incomplete. Click Edit to begin entering information in the form.
A new Service form needs to be completed for every interaction you have with the client where one or more Services were provided.
One Client or multiple Clients can be included on a Session form. For example, if you see two family members in the same 1 hour time frame, both are separate "Clients" but should be added to the same Session form and a separate Service form is filled out for each Client.
Follow the instructions below to fill out the Non-Specified form and register it to OCMS. All fields shaded in Green are mandatory to save the data to OCMS.
You can now make any Service Form ‘private’, even within a Program. If the Form is designated as Private, only that staff person and Agency Coordinators can see the information.
- Program: Filled in automatically.
- Agency: Filled in automatically.
- Name: Filled in automatically with Client's name and Client ID number.
- Session / Form: Filled in automatically.
OCMS Mandatory Fields (green fields)
- Service End Date: The date the Service is expected to end. If this date is different than today, use the drop-down to choose another date.
- Agency Program: Select the Program from the drop down menu.
- Service Funded By: Click on Select a Funder and choose the Funder covering the Service.
- Referred By: Using the drop-down menu choose how the Client was referred to your agency.
- Volunteer Time: Enter the number in hours and/or minutes in the fields provided. The '0' will be replaced with the number typed in.
- Comments: Add additional comments concerning this Service.
Please note: Tasks & Referrals help to build the Settlement Plan but are NOT mandatory to complete the Non-Specified form.
Record any support services that your agency provided so you could complete the Service with your Client.
Save the Non-Specified Form
Press Save at the top of the page to ensure all information is recorded.
Once you have completed filling in the necessary information, you can add any Tasks or Referrals provided during this session by pressing the Tasks and Referrals button.