Learn about managing your centralized list of mentors.
Manage Mentors link in the Job Development menu located in the sidebar. If you have access to the Job Development module you will see these menu items.
You have to have the right permissions to see these links.
Instructions and Definitions
The information you enter here will be used by staff when they are creating Mentor/Tutor Match Form.
You can centrally manage your tutors and make them available to all staff.
Once you open your Manage Mentors page you can create a New Item or Edit an existing one. You can also search to quickly find the one you want to update.
To add a new mentor, enter the information into the blank fields on the screen.
- Active: Leave this box checked – this is only to be unchecked if this is no longer an active agency Mentor.
- First Name: Enter the Mentor's first name.
- Last Name: Enter the Mentor's last name.
- Gender: Enter the gender.
- Address: Enter the Mentor's address.
- City: Enter the city.
- Province: Enter the province.
- Country: Enter the country.
- Postal Code: Enter the postal code (with no spaces).
- Telephone: Enter the Mentor's phone number.
- Mobile: Enter the Mentor's mobile number.
- Fax: Enter the Mentor's fax number.
- Email: Enter the Mentor's email.
- Employer: Enter the name of the employer.
- Education Level: Enter the education level.
- Age Group: Enter the age group.
- Date Confirmed: Enter the date.
Click Save Current Entry to save this Mentor Information to OCMS and make it available to staff.
To search for a mentor, enter the information into the blank fields on the search screen.
Edit an Existing Mentor
Click on the Edit link beside the Mentor's name in the grid in the centre of the main page. The details for this Mentor will be shown in the fields listed below.
- To add a new Mentor click the Create a New Entry button.