Learn about managing your centralized list of employers.
Employer Directory link in the Job Development menu located in the sidebar. If you have access to the Job Development module you will see these menu items.
You have to have the right permissions to see these links.
Instructions and Definitions
The information you enter here will be used by staff when they are creating Job Placement Form.
You can centrally manage your employers and make them available to all staff.
Once you open your Employer Directory page you can create a New Item or Edit an existing one. You can also search to quickly find the one you want to update.
To add a new employer, enter the information into the blank fields on the screen.
- Active: Leave this box checked – this is only to be unchecked if this is no longer an active agency Employer.
- Name: Enter the Employer name.
- Address: Enter the Employer’s address.
- City: Enter the city.
- Province: Enter the province.
- Country: Enter the country.
- Postal Code: Enter the postal code (with no spaces).
- Telephone: Enter the Employer’s phone number.
- Fax: Enter the Employer’s fax number.
- Email: Enter the Employer’s email.
- Contact Name: Enter the name of the primary contact for this location.
- Contact Title: Enter the title of the primary contact for this location.
- Contact Telephone: Enter the telephone number of the primary contact for this location.
- Contact Fax: Enter the fax number of the primary contact for this location.
- Contact Email: Type the email address of the primary contact for this location.
- Industry: Choose the industry.
- Size of Employer: Choose the size of the employer.
- Accepts Student Placements: Choose Yes or No.
- Relationship with Agency: Choose from the drop down menu..
- History of Contact by Agency: Click the [+] sign, use the drop down menu to enter the date and the name.
Click Save Current Entry to save this Employer Information to OCMS and make it available to staff.
To search for an employer, enter the information into the blank fields on the search screen.
Edit an Existing Employer
Click on the Edit link beside the Employer's name in the grid in the centre of the main page. The details for this Employer will be shown in the fields listed below.
- To add a new Employer click the Create a New Entry button located at the bottom of the page.